Should we hire someone to negotiate or work with a consultant?
Depends on the situation!
Certain scenarios it makes sense to hire internally, in others – it makes sense to outsource!
- Private Equity backed companies with rapid fire growth over 2-3 year period is prime for a consulting engagement
- Bandwidth constraints during periods of growth
- challenges with hiring and training a very unique skill set
- Consulting engagements can add back to the P&L, driving better valuation for shareholders!
- Medium to small physician groups
- cost prohibitive to hire and retain FT person to manage
- risk of underperformance with 1-employee
- skillsets needed are more than just negotiating and usually require 2-3 people to manage
- Hospitals & Health Systems
- periods of payer review are episodic in nature